Header Ads

'Statins ruined my life': Darling of the gossip columns PETRONELLA WYATT reveals how she conquered high cholesterol


  • Petronella was told she had dangerously high blood pressure by her GP
  • She was prescribed statins by her GP and given a diet sheet to adhere to
  • The drugs gave her headaches, mood swings and effected her sleep
  • She came off statins, changed her diet and her cholesterol lowered 

Petronella Wyatt was told she had dangerously high blood pressure by her GP
Petronella Wyatt was told she had dangerously high blood pressure by her GP
A few months ago, I discovered I was ‘ill’. Prior to that, at the age of 46, I had felt confident of longevity. 
I had managed to sidestep the surgeon’s knife and, aside from a case of mild pneumonia two years ago, had never succumbed to anything worse than gastric flu.
At nine stone, I ate sensibly and while not exactly sporty, I am a regular swimmer and former sprinting champion. 
Nonetheless, my NHS GP complained I had never had a proper check-up and, tired of her badgering, I went through some routine tests during which a nurse took a blood sample.
I thought little of it until four days later, when I picked up a message on my mobile phone at 9pm. ‘There are serious abnormalities with your blood results. You had better call me,’ the GP said
.
The following morning, after a sleepless night, I dialled my doctor’s number. ‘Hello, Ms Wyatt. It’s about your blood results. I am very concerned. Your cholesterol. It’s 11.5. It should be well below five, ideally three. Moreover, 7.5 is LDL, which is bad cholesterol. In my career I have never come across a higher cholesterol count.’
Scroll down for video 

Hakuna maoni

habari za kitaifa. Picha za mandhari zimetolewa na imagedepotpro. Inaendeshwa na Blogger.